Need to know model #

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooaar

Sep 4, 2014
Toronto
Hey everyone! Just bought a wood stove and I'm not sure which model it is because it's not checked off on the back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! It's a pretty small stove though so I thought it would be one with lesser clearance requirements. It's approx 22.5" wide and 20" deep

Also, that list is spacing from combustible materials, correct? I'm placing it where the wall is cement board with ceramic tile on top

The measurement is taken from the closest point on the stove to the first combustable material

It's what is behind the cement board that is important. Is it directly attached to wood studs or is it mounted on 1" spacers off the wall?

Is there any way around this problem then? Some kind of hard wall skirt that could be placed around the sides to reduce the distances from the walls?

Then the studs are the nearest combustible. There is no clearance reduction for the cement board and tile unless there is an approved wall shield. That would reduce the clearance down to 12". Post a picture of the proposed stove location and we can see if there are any other issues.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

PS: Is this install going to be inspected and approved by your insurance company?

wow that's close to the cabinet to

That doesn't make it ok. you will need to check the clearances it might make it.

Well to i cant help you with which model i am sorry but looking at that tag the smallest side clearance is 14" which it looks like you will not make there but i cant tell for sure

After 60 yrs the odds of pyrolysis being an issue go up. We can't tell you what condition the wood is in just by looking, but those clearances are definitely not inspectable or insurable by current standards.

Well I looked into the approved wall board says it can drop clearances 66%. But a minimum of 12". That being said, I think I can get a foot from the wall and the cupboard with that siding. Will that not be acceptable at that point?

If you can get a foot With a proper shield you should be ok

Reactions: Owen1508
I'm also gonna buy double lined pipe. I wanna take all the right steps but I'm new to this. It's an old family cottage and I'm trying to bring this area up to code

Yes, that would work for the back wall and side. The wall shield can be simple or elaborate. Simple would be just using sheet metal (following the same rules) or raw cement board. Fancy would be a stone veneer or the like. The main thing is to have a good flow of air behind the shield at all times by having it open at the bottom and top.

Good plan with the double-wall.

i think you might have a problem with that door it looks like there is just not enough room in that space but again i cant tell for sure

I'm guess those are 12" tiles behind the stove? Hope so, it looks like the stove will just squeak in there with wall shields. Otherwise I would look at a new stove with closer clearances like the Lopi Endeavor, Quadrafire 2100, PE Vista, or Napoleon 1100. They will burn less wood, burn cleaner and will not need shields.

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.