Need to know what my settings should be for my englander 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
can anyone tell me what i should have my settings at? stove is new and only burned about 10 bags in march to get a feel for this winter. what i did burn left a pile in the burn pot (not really ashy) some half burned. used all premium hardwood pellets.......any replies would be greatly appreciated

You could wait for one of the members here to respond, or you could contact Mike Holton who works for Englander and is a regular on this forum....he's a great guy and is always willing to help out pellet burners....even ones that don't have one of his stoves.

PM him at stoveguy2esw, or email him during summer months at [email protected]

BTW, welcome to the forum Hemi

Are you talking about the blower speed/heat range or the 3 button settings on the bottom? Because
if your stove is new, as in BRAND new, not new to YOU, you should just leave the settings alone.

the 3 buttons on the bottom.......which tech support had me change but its way out of wack'

I dont understand why tec support told you to mess with those buttons. They told me to leave them alone.
You should just PM Mr. Holten!

HEMI_1500 said:
the 3 buttons on the bottom.......which tech support had me change but its way out of wack'

i need the model of the stove (25-"what" ) and its manufacture date, just post it , or PM me with it , i'll shoot you the proper settings, BTW , what was the reason for the setting change last spring from my tech dept.????

I have an Englander and there is no set answer for this question. I am assuming you are talking about the air flow and pellet settings not the fan speed and pellet amount settings. I find myself changing the setting based on each type of pellet I use. These are setting that take some time to get right. Eventually based on the pellet type I documented the various settings I am using. This way I can change the setting without having to go thru the process again. The setting are based on moisture content. wood type etc. If you have issues call Englander and they will help you.

stoveguy2esw said:
HEMI_1500 said:

i need the model of the stove (25-"what" ) and its manufacture date, just post it , or PM me with it , i'll shoot you the proper settings, BTW , what was the reason for the setting change last spring from my tech dept.????
its a 25 pdvc, manufacture date is 08, they had me change the settings because it was burning pellets to fast...a bag in 12 hrs......settings now are 4-6-1 and i'm gonna burn lignetics....thanks mike

HEMI_1500 said:
stoveguy2esw said:
HEMI_1500 said:

its a 25 pdvc, manufacture date is 08, they had me change the settings because it was burning pellets to fast...a bag in 12 hrs......settings now are 4-6-1 and i'm gonna burn lignetics....thanks mike

is it burning that fast after the adjustments?? you should be going longer on a bag than that unless you are running in the "mid ranges" of the heat settings. if you are still running that fast on heat range 1 after that adjustment let me know and i'll dial you back some more.

stoveguy2esw said:
HEMI_1500 said:
stoveguy2esw said:
HEMI_1500 said:

is it burning that fast after the adjustments?? you should be going longer on a bag than that unless you are running in the "mid ranges" of the heat settings. if you are still running that fast on heat range 1 after that adjustment let me know and i'll dial you back some more.
I run no higher than range 2 and with the setttings at 4-6-1 a bug will last 17 hours

HEMI_1500 said:
.....I run no higher than range 2 and with the setttings at 4-6-1 a bug will last 17 hours

You can burn a bug in your Englander???? And 1 bug lasts 17 hrs???? :bug:

Now THAT'S what I call a multi-fuel stove!!! :lol:

macman said:
HEMI_1500 said:
.....I run no higher than range 2 and with the setttings at 4-6-1 a bug will last 17 hours

You can burn a bug in your Englander???? And 1 bug lasts 17 hrs???? :bug:

Now THAT'S what I call a multi-fuel stove!!! :lol:

hey , im a technician , not a typist :red:

bugs add protien!

CAMAROPEP said:
When you say 4-6-1, is that the buttons from left to right. if it is, my stove is 6-4-1. Just curious if mine is right, I just bought it used
yes left to right is the way to read it......6-4-1 is the factory setting, mine has been adjusted with the advice from the tech dept. I didn't start pl,ayin with them till i got a good understanding of the whole thing.....I understand it now but can't seem to get it tuned in, still tryin.....these guys here are great and along with mike holton from englander, any issue you have they will straighten out

I noticed the same thing all of last winter, I would burn a full hopper(which I find never holds a full bag, maybe just over 3/4 of a bag?) in 8 hours with the setting of 6-4-1 (heat setting 2 blower 3). From reading this forum this year I just learned what these setting mean and how to use them. I now have it set at 4-4-1 and it seems to be great! I also closed the plate in the bottom of the hopper to slow down the rate of smaller pellets running in. I would say I am now in the range of 14 -15 hrs a hopper? Haven't really timed it, but I know when I check it in the morning I still have 1/4 hopper left of pellets where the stove used to be already shut down and cold last year. I do imagine I may turn it up a bit when the real cold weather comes but for now its the perfect heat, nice and slow...

yknotcarpentry said:
I noticed the same thing all of last winter, I would burn a full hopper(which I find never holds a full bag, maybe just over 3/4 of a bag?) in 8 hours with the setting of 6-4-1 (heat setting 2 blower 3). From reading this forum this year I just learned what these setting mean and how to use them. I now have it set at 4-4-1 and it seems to be great! I also closed the plate in the bottom of the hopper to slow down the rate of smaller pellets running in. I would say I am now in the range of 14 -15 hrs a hopper? Haven't really timed it, but I know when I check it in the morning I still have 1/4 hopper left of pellets where the stove used to be already shut down and cold last year. I do imagine I may turn it up a bit when the real cold weather comes but for now its the perfect heat, nice and slow...
i was using a bag that quick also, when i put it on 4-4-1 like yourself for some reason i dont get a constant flow of pellet. augers are turning but for some reason the bottom auger always gets a dry cycle causing my flame to go out then smoke back up and relight when the next batch of pellet comes in. Mike holton is helpin me out on this so im sure he will get it right.....sure do need the feed on 4 to slow the consumption up

do you know how open or closed the plate is in the bottom of the hopper? I would think that say the pellets where long it would need to be opened up wide, if they are small like the ones I am running through now they can easily run through. mine was wide open until yesterday and I "closed" it all the way up. I am not having any troubles with the fed myself. There are definetly points of low pellets but never a dry cycle.... I'm sure Mike or the englander crew will figure it out, they are good like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.