need to know what type of woodstove this is, please help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Apr 13, 2012
Any clues on who makes this woodstove and if it is UL approved?

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 268
It looks similar to a fisher, but it if is I would expect it to have that brand name on the door.

If it is UL approved, it would have a plate attached to the back of the stove. If it doesn't, or it is missing, that I'm afraid you are out of luck.

I'm going to move this over to the classic stove forum since I believe this stove is from that era.

pen

Sure looks like a Fisher Honey Bear by the air intake over the door (slider), and the ash shelf (fender) is shaped and has holes in the corners like one too. The Honey Bear normally had a roll top facing forward on the rear shield. They all had Fisher in the lower right corner of the right door as far as I know.
They had a 6 inch outlet, 18 3/4" firebox with 20 inch wide top plate.
Height is 30 1/4" from floor to top at rear, 25 1/2" from floor to top at front.
Door opening 14 wide X 8 1/2" high.
If these measurements are exactly what you have, here's some closer pics to see if the details look like the Honey Bear; (air intake top and bottom, door hinges, inside baffle plate)
What state or appoximate area did this stove come from?
The UL tag was riveted to the right side or rear of pedestal. You may find 4 small holes there ?
Honey Bear top air closed.JPGHoney Bear baffle inside.JPGHoney Bear lower air closed.JPGHoney Bear 5.jpg Doors complete with size comparison.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.