Need to make the stove look good too

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsk

Sep 12, 2011
Eastern ct
So this is the second year with the stove, It works fantastic. Last year we had it installed and didn't think much about how it looked, just wanted to keep warm.

So this year I want to make it look nice. I'm thinking about a mantel shelf above it with a nice flat screen above that, of course SWMBO isnt a huge fan so I'm trying to think of something half way..sneak my TV in there later ;)

Tile behind, up the wall, with a shelf above that. So I'm not much of a handyman. How do you guys finish the tile edges? Cap it with wood trim?

Also what have you guys done to hid the cords? I'll wire the thermostat so i can hang it ont he eldge of the mantel but the power cords don't look so good..

Would love to hear your suggestions! I'm gonna go surf installation pictures now :)

68345_4321694134635_1539601464_n.jpg

If your looking to tile the wall most tiles have a matching bullnose. The edges are rounded over and finished. This will give a finished look. Wood trim would work also. The wires are another story. And Quick, get a surge protector for that stove before the hearth police get you.;)

Ok, you, pull over.

I see you are driving an unprotected pellet burner. Sorry, but I have to write you a ticket, it is a very serious crime. The judge is apt to put you away for a very long time where there are no pellet stoves fires to enjoy your cup of coffee in front up while warming the old stiff arthritic joints in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.