need to remove bad screws in corner brackets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
I got several cut off corners with steel corner over an inch wide corner brackets. Several years ago used SS screws in those four holes of the corner bracket.. Unfortuntely used SS quare drive headed screws. The SS sq drive headed srews ream out easily when i used them most of the time.. when first installing them
I want to save the corner brackets to reuse them elsewhere. so removed the other 3 screws okay they were regular coated steel. screws prob phillip heads. I got the corners left prob cut off six inches long. so Ican put them on a tray on my lap or a hard surface
so how can I remove that stubborn reamed out square drive SS screw? inside that steel corner bracket...???? cant take a Dremel to make a slot since the screw is still in that steel bracket. Never used a screw extracor yet. Only seen pics of screw extractors. in catalogs
Suggestions. Please. Excuse my typos cause this laptop cursor jumps around easily and my eyesight has deteriorated
Thanks all for being there when I have asked yall for help over the years