Need to replace fire brick in Morso 1125

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich

Nov 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I have an old Morso 1125 that has so far been a great stove. The fire brick on the sides has started to crack and fall apart this past winter, I want to replace it all before starting it up this year so I don't crack the metal. Can I just buy bricks from my local tractor supply store and fit them, or do I need manufacturer specific brick? This is an old, obscure stove so I don't know if I could find originals. If I buy generic ones, I will have to cut some to size, don't even know if I can do that without breaking them. Also, do they cement in, or just kind of wedge themselves in? Thanks for the help.

IIRC the fire brick in the 1125 is different, with open channels on the backside. Not sure what material they are made of. I would start with a good Morso dealer and inquire if they are still available. If not you may need to improvise.

Just pulled it apart more. Of course, I can't guarantee that they are original, but the bricks I pulled out are not channeled, but the way the stove is made, there are divots cast into the steel that space the bricks out a 1/4" or so. The bricks say "Bornholm" D.Ch.F 12F on them. They are 11 1/2" tall, 5 3/4" wide, and 1" thick. They are also pretty well custom fit, almost every brick is cut a little different, with tapers and angles on the ends, things like that. Thanks for the reply, I guess I need to do some googling.

Status
Not open for further replies.