Need to reseal a Waterford Wood Stanley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray milosh

Nov 30, 2012
Hullo,
I have cooked on and heated with a 1993 Waterford Wood Stanley since 2002. Mortar bits have been falling out for years. the stove still works well, but it smokes a bit on occasion and I am probably not able to control air intake as well as when it was newer. I want to disassemble it and re-mortar the joints/replace insulation...whatever it needs... as I reassemble it. I could just do it, but am looking for anyone with advice on tricks for removing old hardware, type of mortar to use, cautions, lessons learned, a how to manual, etc.

thanks in advance
ray

Stoves usually fairly simple assemblies. It really helps to have a parts diagram before starting. Not sure which model of Waterford stove this is, but check on Woodmanspartsplus.com to see if there is a parts diagram. You can use a good stove and furnace cement for the seams or Hearthstone makes a nice cement that their dealers sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.