Need to sell my Clydesdale, don't know what to ask

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennettsathenspa

Sep 9, 2013
I have a Clydesdale in my rental property and the tenants want to replace it with gas, at their expense, because of their allergies. I am not sure what to ask for it. It cost me about 4K 7 or 8 years ago. Can't find any for sale on Craigslist to compare. Smaller inserts are only going for 200-400. Help please!

How is this affecting their allergies? Are they burning in it?

Two of them have asthma and burning wood makes it flare up.

Sounds like this is somewhat self-inflicted then. Hope they are long term renters. You will be selling at a loss probably. If they are short term, tell them to not use the insert. For a sale price, to move it quickly I would go lower, maybe around $1200 unless the insert is practically new. You can't recoup the liner and installation costs, so the renters should probably pay at least half or $2000 = the new stove and its installation costs.

Will the new insert be propane or natural gas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.