Need to shorten some firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 41BboCkHkIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41BboCkHkIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 298
Got a new stove this summer, and started burning N/S. I had to shorten my ENTIRE supply (5+cords). I go out each Sunday and shorten a weeks worth of wood. It doesnt take long at all. I had SO MANY cut-offs, that I had to start giving them away, I bring 'em to work and give 'em to a guy that has a fireplace and burns pretty green wood -- he loves 'em. i'd suppose theyre pretty good for BBQ, too. :)

Could just set the logs on top of a pallet or something so the bar doesn't hit the dirt. I just have an 18" bar on my saw and it's not bad for bending.

Similar problem--I'm using a regular 5 gal pail (originally for drywall mud, paint, etc), which is just about 15" in depth. I can fit about 5 or so splits in there at a time. Works great. But that's a mighty fine lookin' milk crate, I'd use that if I could find one...

Status
Not open for further replies.