1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Need to shorten some firewood

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by PaulF, Nov 19, 2005.

1. offroadaudio

offroadaudio New Member

Loc:
    South Central Pa.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wood-fan-atic

wood-fan-atic New Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Got a new stove this summer, and started burning N/S. I had to shorten my ENTIRE supply (5+cords). I go out each Sunday and shorten a weeks worth of wood. It doesnt take long at all. I had SO MANY cut-offs, that I had to start giving them away, I bring 'em to work and give 'em to a guy that has a fireplace and burns pretty green wood -- he loves 'em. i'd suppose theyre pretty good for BBQ, too. :)
  3. nate379

nate379 Guest

Could just set the logs on top of a pallet or something so the bar doesn't hit the dirt. I just have an 18" bar on my saw and it's not bad for bending.
  4. flewism

flewism Member

Loc:
    newport MI
    Me too!
  5. nola mike

nola mike Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Richmond/Montross, Virginia
    Similar problem--I'm using a regular 5 gal pail (originally for drywall mud, paint, etc), which is just about 15" in depth. I can fit about 5 or so splits in there at a time. Works great. But that's a mighty fine lookin' milk crate, I'd use that if I could find one...