Need to start twice---runs fine after.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souzafone

Feeling the Heat
Oct 12, 2007
Freetown, Massachusetts
First time, ran out of fuel, refilled and restarted. Pellets feed, ignitor lights, fire starts, 15 minutes later, I notice the fire is almost out and the house is still cold, and the combustion light is blinking like it does when it runs out of fuel. The burn pot is empty with no pellets having been fed apparently since ignition. I thought it was strange, restarted and it ran regularly for over 24 hours. Yesterday I shut it down for a couple of hours to replace the door gasket, and the same thing happened when I turned it on. I was right there and restarted it before I got a blinking light, but it never fed beyond the initial amount to get started, and the house was cold. It's been running fine all night and so far this AM. Any help appreciated.

Did you happen to interrupt the ignition cycle by opening the hopper or front door? If you do this, the stove will not feed, and it would exhibit the issues you have seen. When igniting, dont open the hopper or front door until AFTER the fire is started, if you must. If you do open the door, you will need to put the stove into the OFF position, unplug it, replug it in, and restart......

Not familiar with your stove, but have you checked our thermocouple? I was having the same type of problem and had to move the thermocouple a little bit to make sure that it was in contact with the ceramic cover. Stove must not have been seeing enough heat from initial start-up to know it was okay to keep feeding pellets.

Farmer...with that unit, the ESP probe cant be moved....only cleaned

Lousyweather may have hit upon it. I know after I replaced the gasket I turned the stove on after a couple of hours then opened the door to check the gasket while the ignitor was on. I didn't know there was a switch that would do this, but it does make sense. I'll try this out later and report back. If I made a stupid mistake I'll fess up, maybe someone else will learn something. Thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.