Need Wood Boiler Piping Diagrahm New Yorker WC90

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
My New Yorker WC90 is apparently arriving in 3-5 days. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a piping diagrahm. I currently have a Utica Oil boiler with 4 zones. 1 zone is dedicated for a Bock indirect fired 50 gal hot water heater. The other 3 zones are for heating the living space upstairs.

I am planning on adding a 5 zone for my dump zone into my garage / workshop.

When I get to work tomorrow I will scan a sketch in of what I have.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. I do have the directions from New Yorker and can pipe it but am a bit confused as to why they are doing certain things. Keep in mind I have plumbing skills but am very far from an expert.

Thanks

Paul

I did a sketch of my system but am having alot of trouble attaching the sketch to this post.

In any case I want to pipe my new New Yorker WC90 to my existing Utica oil boiler. My current system includes 5 Zones.

3 Are used for heating sections of the house upstairs. One zone is dedicated to my 50 Bock indirect fired hot water heater. The Fifth zone is a spare I left when I did the original piping.

I was planning on using the spare zone as my dump zone. I would run a pipe to the garage from this zone and install in the garage either a section of baseboard or a modine type heater.

My questions are:
1. Does anyone have reccomedations on how I should pipe between the two boiler?
2. What size pipe should I use to my dump zone and what BTU unit should I use in my garage for dumping heat?

Thanks

Paul

For simple systems, I'm a fan of zone valve based supply / return systems with the boilers connected in parallel. If you look at the 'simplest pressurized storage' sticky and delte the stoareg and load circulator, I think you're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.