Need Wood Supplier in Southern Saratoga Co, NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TvSteve

Jan 10, 2010
Ballston Lake, NY
Looks like my wood man is packing it in. Looking for a reliable supply of delivered green splits or rounds. Would love logs buy I have low power lines across the bottom of my steep driveway. Anyone willing to share sources? I'm in Ballston Lake.

Hmm, I'm in Ballston Lake as well. Currently in Montana, but I can probably bring you a trailer load and/ or pickup load of rounds when I get back. Whereabouts are you? I'm close to the Stewart's on 146A.

There's a guy on Grooms Rd., just past the Stewarts going East that always has mountains of wood. I don't know the name but he has thousands of cord split through the year. If you ever drive that way you cant miss it.

There's a guy on Grooms Rd., just past the Stewarts going East that always has mountains of wood. I don't know the name but he has thousands of cord split through the year. If you ever drive that way you cant miss it.
I purchased wood from him 5 years ago. Not much hardwood in the mix, lots of junk and almost a face cord short. Wasn't happy when I called him back. Next time you drive by take a close look at the piles.

Hmm, I'm in Ballston Lake as well. Currently in Montana, but I can probably bring you a trailer load and/ or pickup load of rounds when I get back. Whereabouts are you? I'm close to the Stewart's on 146A.
Thanks for the offer. Let me know when your back. I'm up the hill from you near the Stewarts on Longkill Rd.

I have a load of log length at my place. If you're up for helping to buck it up, I can give it to you for close to what I got it for (100/ cord), just with a little beer/ gas $ thrown in.

It's beech, hickory, birch, maple, I think there are a couple oak logs too.

Do you know about Pettey's Sawmill? If you're up for burning pine, they give away slab wood for free.

I have a load of log length at my place. If you're up for helping to buck it up, I can give it to you for close to what I got it for (100/ cord), just with a little beer/ gas $ thrown in.

It's beech, hickory, birch, maple, I think there are a couple oak logs too.

Do you know about Pettey's Sawmill? If you're up for burning pine, they give away slab wood for free.
When you are available I can stop over and talk. I burn lots of pine and it grows in my back yard.

Attachments

• IMG_9571-1.JPG
    IMG_9571-1.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 139
Man, that's a pretty backyard. I'd leave it just like that.. but then again, they aren't my trees. Do what you do.

I'll give you a shout when I'm back in town.

Man, that's a pretty backyard. I'd leave it just like that.. but then again, they aren't my trees. Do what you do.

I'll give you a shout when I'm back in town.
Lots of standing dead to take down. Lifetime supply of kindling. Have a good trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.