1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Needed: Wireless Thermostat: Simple Flintstone model

Post in 'The Gear' started by HeatsTwice, Oct 15, 2012.

1. HeatsTwice

HeatsTwice Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    Ok, I know this topic has been discussed at length in the past. And I have searched the forums for an answer, but can't find one.

I would like to buy a wireless thermostat which displays clearly three temperatures which are clearly visible from at least 10 feet away, and does not required the pushing of buttons to cycle through the remote readings. The temperatures I want to read at a glance are:

1) Temp at base station.
    2) Temp at outside location.
    3) Temp at rear of house.

I've looked all over the web as well but just can't find one which ONLY has this feature. I don't want/need forcasting/barametric reading/time/humitity. Just simple three location temperature monitoring. Any ideas out there?

The closest one I've seen is this but the customer reviews aren't that great:

http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Techno...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Huntindog1

Huntindog1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Central Indiana
  3. HeatsTwice

HeatsTwice Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    Thanks Dog. But the reviews on that unit are even worse than the one I was looking at. The last thing I need around the house is another gizmo that doesn't work.

Still looking.
  4. Huntindog1

Huntindog1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Central Indiana
    Not much to them I have been using the Oregon brand for years.

They work fine the tell me the temp and the remote sensors work out to about 100 feet like they say.
  5. cygnus

cygnus Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central, NJ
  6. Halligan

Halligan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern Massachusetts
    you can get what your looking for from this comapny including the extra sensor (sold seperately) so you can have two outside temp readings plus inside the house. http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/ws.php