Needed: Wireless Thermostat: Simple Flintstone model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatsTwice

Minister of Fire
Jan 7, 2008
Santa Rosa, California
Ok, I know this topic has been discussed at length in the past. And I have searched the forums for an answer, but can't find one.

I would like to buy a wireless thermostat which displays clearly three temperatures which are clearly visible from at least 10 feet away, and does not required the pushing of buttons to cycle through the remote readings. The temperatures I want to read at a glance are:

1) Temp at base station.
2) Temp at outside location.
3) Temp at rear of house.

I've looked all over the web as well but just can't find one which ONLY has this feature. I don't want/need forcasting/barametric reading/time/humitity. Just simple three location temperature monitoring. Any ideas out there?

The closest one I've seen is this but the customer reviews aren't that great:

http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Techno...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Thanks Dog. But the reviews on that unit are even worse than the one I was looking at. The last thing I need around the house is another gizmo that doesn't work.

Still looking.

Not much to them I have been using the Oregon brand for years.

They work fine the tell me the temp and the remote sensors work out to about 100 feet like they say.

you can get what your looking for from this comapny including the extra sensor (sold seperately) so you can have two outside temp readings plus inside the house. http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/ws.php

Status
Not open for further replies.