Needing a 15* double wall black pipe elbow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KC Matt

Burning Hunk
Oct 29, 2016
Kansas City
In my installation, the ideal way to install my vent pipe would be a 90 at the back of the stove to a 15* at the wall. That would allow a nice even slope across the space, and avoid all horizontal run. Otherwise, using a 90 at the stove and going to a 45 leaves nearly 8 feet of horizontal run. I could probably fudge just enough of a rise by tweaking within the double wall but it would not be correct.

I can't find a 15 or even 30 degree elbow anywhere.

I have actually seen corrugated sections that I believe you can set/adjust to any angle you want. Check on-line and am confident you will find it. Good luck

Well I scoured the internet for hours and could not find a suitable elbow for sale. I called SBI and their tech told me the lowest angle available is a 30* piece from Venti and that line is not available in my area. I'm not 100% sure a 15* would work, and a 30 would likely not work due to the 4-5' of horizontal run. I'm not willing to punch a hole in my house for a less than 50% chance of success so I'm going up. I have an existing unused chase exactly where I need to go, but it's too small to fit the 12.5"x12.5" plate required for Duravent. That's ok, because removing that chase opens up 18" I can add into my master bathroom shower.

So I'm going to make a new chase in the corner of one of my master bedroom closets. A quick calculation tells me I'm giving up 14.5" x 14.5" at the back corner of my closet and I'm fine with that. I will snap some pics next weekend and post them somewhere. Maybe in the tundra thread.

I have actually seen corrugated sections that I believe you can set/adjust to any angle you want. Check on-line and am confident you will find it. Good luck
Before I punted on the through-wall install I looked around and could not find a double wall black pipe series as you describe. Single wall is not an option because I need to get within 6" of the floor joists to get any kind of rise in my application. Maybe I don't know how to google, but it's getting cold and I need to move forward with this project so i traded the through wall parts for some through roof parts and onward I go.

I appreciate your help.

Before I punted on the through-wall install I looked around and could not find a double wall black pipe series as you describe. Single wall is not an option because I need to get within 6" of the floor joists to get any kind of rise in my application. Maybe I don't know how to google, but it's getting cold and I need to move forward with this project so i traded the through wall parts for some through roof parts and onward I go.

I appreciate your help.
I didn't catch that you were looking for double wall. Sorry. I had seen the corrugated in single wall black stove pipe. Hope things work out.

So I gather you are going up through the house with the chimney? Is it an existing chimney? Class A? Pics of what you are working with there would help for sure.
Maybe you could use class A double wall at the bend, they make 15* elbows for that...then you can switch back to your regular double wall pipe down to the Tundra.

Status
Not open for further replies.