Needing a crew for the Ice storm Who's in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
started spitting rain here,25*and pizza in the oven.

1 inch of ice/sleet so far.

Bocefus78 said:
1 inch of ice/sleet so far.

Same here....Jeff look out your on a stright line from us and only an hour away! Pizza and beer?

Jay,you still on line?We accumulated maybe 1/4'' of ice overnight.30 miles n/w of here there's 1/2'' to 3/4''.

JeffT said:
Jay,you still on line?We accumulated maybe 1/4'' of ice overnight.30 miles n/w of here there's 1/2'' to 3/4''.

I have not went out yet but the tree's from the window(lol) look like there encase in ice.

I got lucky here, just had sleet and snow didnt stick to power lines but when you walk on the ice snow mix I dont make an impression.

[quote author="MMaul" date="1296582059"]I got lucky here, just had sleet and snow didnt stick to power lines but when you walk on the ice snow mix I dont make an impression

Round two coming up.....

We got about .25 or so of ice. Trees are sagging hard already. Supposed to get another .5 today and .25 tonight. Then the wind.

I lost power from about 10P - 2A. I think that's just a small taste of what we're going to get.

Here calling for snow to start around 2 p.m. and continue to Thurs at 9 am.

Sounds like its going to be no reason not to be a couple years ahead on wood. Weaterman calling it a 12-z run lol

Being I am working on getting 2 years ahead I should sell off next years at a premium right now, and just replace it. :)

MMaul said:
Being I am working on getting 2 years ahead I should sell off next years at a premium right now, and just replace it. :)

YES With what where cutting now thats a no-brainer! (Locus and hedge) Pretty awesome when you can over look that monster ash!

ah dang... I stayed home from work today for nothing. Got up at 4, saw 1/4" of ice and just went back to bed. But I knew I wasted a day off when my wife called me a feline and said she was going to work (school). When the schools down here don't cancel it means the roads are really good yet.

Oh well... it won't hurt to stay home and rest and get some stuff done. maybe I'll dig the lanterns out to jinx the storm from dumping ice on us.

CountryBoy19 said:
ah dang... I stayed home from work today for nothing. Got up at 4, saw 1/4" of ice and just went back to bed. But I knew I wasted a day off when my wife called me a feline and said she was going to work (school). When the schools down here don't cancel it means the roads are really good yet.

Oh well... it won't hurt to stay home and rest and get some stuff done. maybe I'll dig the lanterns out to jinx the storm from dumping ice on us.

Our schools are all closed trees are very heavy...Just a matter of time now! Another 3/4 inch of ice coming with 35-40 mph winds with some gusting up to 60mph. This will shut everything down unless they have an awesome gen-set! I have one but it darn sure not Awesome.

Oh and the truck been running for 45min;s and still cant see out the windshield...........

I was going to stay home as well. After listening to the forecast last night, it sounded like armegeddon. Got up this morning, no snow whatsoever and a just a little ice. Getting sick and tired of the "boy that cried wolf" weather channel. I'm sure it helps their ratings though and advertising. Liars.

HittinSteel said:
I was going to stay home as well. After listening to the forecast last night, it sounded like armegeddon. Got up this morning, no snow whatsoever and a just a little ice. Getting sick and tired of the "boy that cried wolf" weather channel. I'm sure it helps their ratings though and advertising. Liars.

Northeastren ohio should be calling for 10-16inchs before its over. HEAVY WINDS BITTER COLD TO FOLLOW IT UP!

I'm not quite North eastern Ohio........ About an hour south of cleveland. We are forecasted to get next to nothing.

smokinjay said:
Oh and the truck been running for 45min;s and still cant see out the windshield...........

We just stick our head out the window in such situations . . .but then, we been rednecks in Upstate NY since b4 bein redneck was cool ;-)

I might stay home on Wednesday and go back in to save a topped off tree from the storm. :vampire:

Zap

:grrr: So far all white here . . .no pink and no green.

You go back in Wednesday Zap, you better have the winch and a long cable to get back out!!

I’m not quite North eastern Ohio…..... About an hour south of cleveland. We are forecasted to get next to nothing
Where in Ohio? I'm from Akron.

17 degrees with -1 windchill now.About 2" snow overnight,the heavier stuff starting again tonight,5 to 9 inches by Wednesday morning.Not as bad as they originally thought,the worst is south & southeast of here.

It won't be the first time the winch has saved my butt. Unless we get 8-10 inches of snow tonight I'll be back in early with pictures to follow, one topped off cherry and some dead standing.

Zap

HittinSteel said:
The booming metropolis of Wooster......Howdy neighbor.

Yes, everytime I drive to my parents house I pass Wooster. I have family that live in Orrville. I am actually from the large city of Barberton.

Status
Not open for further replies.