He emptied his coals & ashes from his wood stove into a plastic 5 gallon bucket, and placed that bucket in his garage next to some cans of chemicals (probably paint, polyurethane, maybe even gas, he just said chemicals). Coals burned through the plastic bucket, ignited the chemicals and started the surrounding stuff, and he was lucky because it ignited just as he opened the door to go into his garage to leave for work. He said it wasn't even a minute for him to get an extinguisher, and the flames were nearly at the ceiling by the time he went to put them out. He has to replace one wall of his garage and said, I was there just as it started and put it out within minutes. Had I left one minute earlier, taken one minute longer to get the extinguisher, or come out one minute later I'd probably be homeless.