Neighbors, Township, Meeting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
milner351 said:
-- The township supervisor now tells me that they seem to be stalling with regard to the inspection of their home...... interesting huh?

A) Her house is pit & doesn't want people to see it till its tidy
B) She likes the attention and dragging it out
C) Both

milner351 said:
The township supervisor now tells me that they seem to be stalling with regard to the inspection of their home...... interesting huh?

They are stalling for warmer weather so they can have the un-vented kerosene heaters hidden.

Here in NY if you buy KERO you have to sign a roster with your name and address...so milner check the closest KERO dealers and see if their burning KERO...maybe that'll help your case.

does anybody think a different chimney cap design or a slightly taller chimney would make a difference in the way the smoke exits the chimney?

if we could get it to go straight up instead of sideways -- this whole problem may go away.

Something called wind usually makes it go sideways. If your wind mostly blows from your house towards their house, the smoke will still get to them unless you make a really high stack but then you'll need a red light on it to keep planes from hitting it.

milner351 said:
bokehman
That's a real personal statement to write about a guy you hardly know! ---
I digress.
Yea -- some of the wood we've used I'm sure is not properly seasoned, -some is quite well seasoned....
However --- I'm quite confident that the problem is about 10% our firewood, and 90% their house / heating system / hypocondriac disorder.
-- The township supervisor now tells me that they seem to be stalling with regard to the inspection of their home...... interesting huh?

Not to worry about the trolling online Milner, some simply have nothing more to do.
It would be enlightening ( sic ) to discover the real world experiences that some of these all-knowing critics have with anything: real career, heating with wood for more than entertainment, and having a sustainable resource nearby that can supply wood. Certainly not in Spain: little wood, rare temperatures below 0 C anywhere in the country, snow almost unheard of except in the mountains. The nation is so deforested that millions of acres ( or hectacres) have had to be planted with crop trees in the past 20 years ( long before your critic's birth LOL). Some of them probably live with servants and certainly live at home with their moms.
Just brush it off, it is not real, just a bleat from the ether.

Nice job you've done so far, as difficult as it can be with the Smoke Nazis......also with little to do. Professional approach.

Downeast, I think you might have misinterpreted the exchange between bokehman and milner just a tad. I saw it as a piece of good-natured banter commonly known as a "dick joke".

Let's review:

Setup: You don't seem real confident about your wood.
Punch Line: That's a real personal statement to write about someone you hardly know!

Yup. Dick joke. Lighten up, lad.

Didn't see it that way Tom. Look over Bok's past posts, based on little knowledge or experience, and are definately arrogant.
Besides, Milner's situation, if you haven't been involved with neighbors from hell, can be arduous. Empathy is needed.
Then again, I'll take your take on this under advisement.
THX.

Personal comments and interpretations aren't helping this thread. Lighten up folks. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.