Neil Young still has a few things to say...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Interview on CBC radio with Neil Young. Interesting and provocative conversation from a man who does few interviews. I agree with his premise of become educated on a subject and form your own opinions. Interview touches on "green energy", CO2, Treaty #8.
http://music.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2014/1/Neil-Young-talks-tar-sands-on-Q-10-highlights

I don't want to see this go in the ash can due to political opinions, so keep them to yourself....

He's trying to make ripples in his part of the pond that will become larger as they travel across the surface... Obviously you are interested in some of those ideas as you are burning "green" to heat your home. Here's a couple more...

SINGER FOCUSES ENERGY ON ELECTRIC CARCNN / The Associated Press
06/03/08
Neil Young, the rocker who provided some of the soundtrack to Vietnam-era protests, is again trying to change the world -- with his car.
Young has teamed up with Johnathan Goodwin, a Wichita mechanic who has developed a national reputation for re-engineering the power units of big cars to get more horsepower but use less fuel.
The two are looking to convert Young's 1959 Lincoln Continental convertible to operate on an electric battery.
Ultimately, they said, they want the Continental to provide a model for the world's first affordable mass-produced electric-powered automobile.

BRIDGE SCHOOL 2012 LINEUP REVEALEDBy Aaron Sankin, Huffington Post, September 10, 2012
In the just over quarter-century that iconic rocker Neil Young has been putting on his Bridge School Benefit concert at Mountain View's Shoreline Amphitheater, the list of big name artists who have played the show has grown to nothing short of staggering. ... Founded by Young and his wife Pegi in the mid-1980s, the Bridge School is non-profit educational facility located in Hillsborough that works to help people with severe linguistic and physical impairments participate more fully in their communities.
(Their son Ben was born with cerebral palsy and was likely an early alumni. He runs an organic farm for laying hens and sells out within a couple of hours at the local farmers market! )

Been familiar with his music since I was a tween, but never looked beyond - until know.

Not sure but at least he's trying new ideas ... I was surprised by the interview he gave so I started looking into what he has been up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.