Neophyte on the loose: Need A Tight Clearance Wood Burning Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonsop

Nov 10, 2007
MA
I have an area that once had a wood burning stove - old rounded pot belly stove - that was removed several years ago. I removed it because it was more ornamental and romantic than truly functional, however I want to find a reliable, efficient wood burning stove to heat a small cape {less than 1200 square feet}. My dilemma is that I need the stove to sit as tight as possible to the existing single wall. I have viewed a Morsø 3440 that has very low clearance values. My question is, are there other alternates to the Morsø and is that convection model rated well for an application like mine?

MANY THANKS in advance!

The Morso is a good stove. Hard to go wrong with it. But is takes a short log which can be a hassle unless you cut your own wood. If you want other choices for close clearance cast iron stoves that take a longer log, maybe look at the PE Alderlea T4 or the Jotul F3CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.