Never ending saga.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Fortier

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Ye new Thelin has been fine after full board replacement.....until...the past two days..Twice now the pot has filled with pellet and no ignition. Yesterday I was at least here to dump and go again...Today after work, walk into the house at 62 degrees and a pot full of pellet no heat going. When does one finally say enough is enough? We have barely past the 6 month warranty mark and Ole Sybil is at it again.

Yes and its a stove that keeps on giving...don't believe its the igniter, because I pour the overfilled pot out, turn off, then restart and babysit the stove. It starts up , but seems like a struggle. Turned down the trim to slow the feed down.

I can tell you the first thing they will say is teardown and completely clean stove and vent.Good luck.

We all hoped for you but kinda wondered when. Where is our friend Matt?? Good luck but a good cleaning could help. How many tons through it??

Approx 3 ton. I clean it every other day. Season end will be either pull out or thorough clean.

Your stove is starved for air…clean your stove… inside and out. Pull the blowers.. tear it down as far as you can… then use a cheap leaf blower to suck out everything you missed in your cleaning.

Your stove will run like new...

Krooser, not sure if you caught John's other threads. The stove was pulled at the end of February due to board issues (dealer and company techs involved). I would think cleaning was done at that time....

When my Thelin reacts like his is doing it is definitely in need of a good cleaning, especially the exhaust. Leaf blower trick helps immensely.

+1 on the cleaning. I don't have my manual handy for my Providence insert but recall that it has quite the detailed cleaning information. If you haven't taken off all three bolted on cleaning access ports, you haven't cleaned it properly after three tons.

Sorry late on reply. Will be doing a detailed cleaning when stove is no longer needed.

Well, the good news is your stove will work well again next fall when you go to use it again. If you have put 3 tons through and haven't cleaned the exhaust channels or the exhaust vent via the exhaust vent clean out cover, you will have issues.

If you don't want to use a leaf blower at least make sure you tap on the vent pipe, I skipped that once and pushed the stove back in with the vent cover removed and had a nice ash cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.