Never had so much wood/ The plan:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had so much CSS wood.
After joining this site & burning 2 year+ seasoned dry wood,
I formed a plan to get ahead. (Burning dry wood is amazing)
I've almost reached the goal. 48' X 8' (5 rows deep) wood shed)
Next year it should be totally full of birch
12/13 wood: 5-1/2 cords (middle shed) might be a little short but the 13/14 wood can make it up if needed.
13/14 wood: 6-1/8 cords in the shed (left side)
14/15 wood: 7 cord. 5 in the shed, 2 in the seasoning stack
15/16 wood: 5 cord in the seasoning stack, (need 2 more to be done)
Then I only need to cut 7 cord of wood each year , to stay caught up.
View attachment 79334
View attachment 79335

Improvement ideas welcome ::P

I would like to see some running lights. ;) (Like Vagas)

You got me beat. I have a meager 21 cord c/s/s ;sick.

Good job Dave
In a couple of months you will need to go through all of your stacks and pull out all the irregulars and uglies and replace them with perfectly straight and perfect length splits.....so you will have to make one more trip to the cutting fields to look for that one illusive perfect straight birch tree that you can cut and split for replacement purposes. That is a must for all serious wood stackers :):)

LOL :)
I do separate some of the uglies & mis-fits. Real bad ones go to the fire pit pile.
The splits that are good but won't stack well in the stove get separated when they come in the house.
Then burned in the daytime for shorter burn fires.
But when I get a rare, good, straight birch, it's fun to split, & usually used for the cross stacks on the row ends.

In a couple months, the outside seasoning rows might be covered in a big pile of snow "freeze drying". ;)

Reactions: Nixon
you had better set aside a little cash....you're wearing out that little wheel barrow....you'll need a new one soon

cass

Reactions: TimJ
Dennis is still burning "antique" wood. (wood over 25 years CSS) LOL
I'll never catch him.

Actually, that is a myth. Maybe it is time I start a new thread to correct this myth?

you had better set aside a little cash....you're wearing out that little wheel barrow....you'll need a new one soon

cass

Most of the wood is moved with the ATV trailer, but the wheel barrel will always have uses :)
100_8053.JPG
Small jobs & the grand kids love to go for rides :)
100_7730.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Actually, that is a myth. Maybe it is time I start a new thread to correct this myth?

To late.
You are well established as a "wood hoarder" with "old wood" & new perfect stacks being added yearly. LOL :)
You give us motivation & hope that some of us may some day reach 3 to 4 year old (or older), dry, well seasoned wood :)

In all honesty, I've figured you to have 5 years supply of wood CSS. Am I close?
Roughly 15 to 18 cords ? ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
You are close Dave. I had a bit more but some of it left the place and we've not started cutting this year yet.

them thar stacks are a thing of beauty bogydave...

Status
Not open for further replies.