Never hear much about St. Croix Afton Bay...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
I just bought one as it really was my only option with the dealers around here but it's really pretty and sounds like it has everything I need but not much to read about it on this forum or anywhere else for that matter... sooo, if you have one (or another st croix model) do you like it? Is it a good stove? Does it compare to others similar to it from other manufacturers (harmon, quad...) Thanks for any info..

Debi

There are other st croix owners on here including myself.
Do a forum search using st croix and you will find threads to read
regarding afton bay, hastings, prescott, etc.

I installed my Afton Bay last Sunday on 12/1 and so far so good, lights easy and we like the ambient light at night, we have it in our basement "1400sq.ft", all walls are drywalled and we are in process of finishing the ceiling and after that is done we will carpet the floor which will insulate the concrete floor. Last night it was -6.9 outside and had stove on #2 and basement was 75 degrees in basement which is pretty nice. I think some heat comes up the steps as N/G furnace doesn't seem to run as much but we didn't buy it to heat whole house

Attachments

• DSC01862.JPG
    DSC01862.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.