never mind...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jellero

Jan 22, 2014
southwest colorado
inside house and burning. i saw a thread here about this but it is closed, that is how i found this site. i have had a basic box wood stove, no grate just firebrick for 10 years and just installed my king stove two months ago. the previous stove only burned about 2 hours so i had to get up all night feeding it. my king stove burns wood and coal but i have just been burning aspen i cut/split over a year ago so it is dry and in small hunks for the smaller stove. i have single wall from stove to about 10" below ceiling, then into triple wall through attic to about a foot above roof, then into single wall again with a simple cap. draft is pretty good, i just cleaned it and it wasn't that bad, mostly dry black flakes. creosote is running down the single wall inside house, then burning... i have never seen this before. i now have a big stove burning slowly instead of a small stove burning fast. i have been using dry aspen so where is the creosote coming from? i have been mixing in some larger pine i split for this stove, bigger pieces. i scraped off the creosote so not pics. it oozes down, bubbles, dries and burns or hardens when the stove cools. as warm as it has been, the stove is just idling most of the time which i don't like but this stove will heat 3k sq. ft. and my house is just 800.

Is this single-wall pipe? If so the crimps need to point down, toward the stove. Post a picture of the connector pipe coming out of the stove please that shows the drips.

FYI Blaze King recommends only using double-wall pipe for these installs because of the cooler flue gases.

thanks but never mind. again, the pipe is not backwards. i am not burning green wood nor am i pouring tar down the chimney. i dislike having to repeat myself. will work things out... ba-bye.

thanks but never mind. again, the pipe is not backwards. i am not burning green wood nor am i pouring tar down the chimney. i dislike having to repeat myself. will work things out... ba-bye.
bye, i would have posted the pic.

Probably the stove is too large for the area and never gets hot enough to burn correctly. I would tell you this,,but you are gone. I will not repeat it!

I would go and get some nice Hard wood and get the fire nice and hot .. And see if happens .. you could also burn some dry potato skins .. and clean everything out like that ... The other guy could also be right about crimps need to be pointing down . I didnot think of that . But you claim not the case . Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.