Never under estimate the power of beer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Have a very large log in my front yard that need bucked. Way to big for my little saw. Asked a logger friend to buck it up for me.
I asked him If I should get some gas and oil for the saw. He says get a case of miller light and we will call it good ! Pictures
to follow this afternoon.

woodsmaster said:
Have a very large log in my front yard that need bucked. Way to big for my little saw. Asked a logger friend to buck it up for me.
I asked him If I should get some gas and oil for the saw. He says get a case of miller light and we will call it good ! Pictures
Beer.....the elixir of the Gods.......lol....

I have both worked for and given beer for payment.

woodsmaster said:
Have a very large log in my front yard
How big is this behemoth log??

He's a half hour late hopefully he still makes it or I have a lot of beer to drink. It's all cut up now except the main trunk.

Attachments

• sept-dec13-2011 137.jpg
    sept-dec13-2011 137.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 578
  • sept-dec13-2011 136.jpg
    sept-dec13-2011 136.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 580
  • sept-dec13-2011 139.jpg
    sept-dec13-2011 139.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 608
woodsmaster said:
He's a half hour late hopefully he still makes it or I have a lot of beer to drink. It's all cut up now except the main trunk.
NICE! Wish I was closer, I love cutting those big 'uns up!!

Thats some serious cutting for a case of beer!

So .. so .. does this mean there are chainsaws that run on beer? Don' t know if that's a good thing- less beer for people.

With a big saw it doesn't take long to chew those trees up. A beer can be good when finished.

Ya that's a big one for sure. i see it's close to the road... hope its still there tonight :coolgrin: jk

woodsmaster said:

Nice size tree, what type is it?

zap

Well he made it. It went faster than I thought it would. Took about 3 hours. The beer was to cover materials ( gas,oil,wear)
I installed a chimney for him a while back so he's returning the favor. The tree is a white oak I had droped a few months ago.
Had a post that some may remember. I had to help him drink a couple of the beers when we got done. That saw dust makes you
thirsty.

Attachments

• 100_6183.jpg
    100_6183.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 100_6185.jpg
    100_6185.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 486
Yuuuuup, I work for beer as well. That's a big one. Gotta love a skip tooth in those situations.

KC

woodmaster,
what is your avatar? Is that your garage? If so can you post a pic?

hope you bought him the 30 whacker!

pen

WOW, that is a monster oak indeed !! probabaly at least 2 full cords in that bugger

Got over 4 full cord out of the top. I'm guessing the log is probably another 3 or 4. Once split and stacked I'll post the results.

geoxman said:
woodmaster,

Here is my garage in the background, can't find a close up at the moment, and a bigger picture of my avitar

Attachments

• pretty flowers.jpg
    pretty flowers.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 254
  • wood pile.jpg
    wood pile.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 282
woodsmaster said:
The tree is a white oak I had droped a few months ago.
Had a post that some may remember.
Oh yeah, I remember the original post. That "small" Oak should yield a bunch of splits.

Is that what they call cordwood masonary?

woodsmaster said:
geoxman said:
woodmaster,

Here is my garage in the background, can't find a close up at the moment, and a bigger picture of my avitar

Joking of course. Woodmaster, from your picutres it looks like you have a lot of room aroumd you, open fields and no close neighbors. Looks like a fantastic spot.

BillsWS said:

woodsmaster said:
geoxman said:
woodmaster,

Joking of course. Woodmaster, from your picutres it looks like you have a lot of room aroumd you, open fields and no close neighbors. Looks like a fantastic spot.

Thanks, I like it. I have a neighbor across the road a ways back, but that is the only close one. It's a very low traffic road and
I love that about it. Only a couple mile from a rural school which is pretty convenient for are family. Great whitetail hunting to.
On the down side It can get pretty dusty with all the farming around here. This year we will have corn all the way around us ! Makes a nice fence. The wife would like to move some where warmer, but this is home to me. Maybe when the kids graduate from school well buy a winter home somewhere.

woodsmaster said:
BillsWS said:

woodsmaster said:
geoxman said:
woodmaster,

Thanks, I like it. I have a neighbor across the road a ways back, but that is the only close one. It's a very low traffic road and
I love that about it. Only a couple mile from a rural school which is pretty convenient for are family. Great whitetail hunting to.
On the down side It can get pretty dusty with all the farming around here. This year we will have corn all the way around us ! Makes a nice fence. The wife would like to move some where warmer, but this is home to me. Maybe when the kids graduate from school well buy a winter home somewhere.

Sounds good with the school close. The deer must be big with all the corn around. Are you allowed to take more than one deer a year?

We can usually get 2 tags. Farmers can get permits to take more if they have a lot of crop damage from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.