Never underestimate the value of a good mid-season cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doocrew

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2008
Southern NH
Took some time today and did a good mid-season cleaning. Having two boys headed back to college this week, I was about to lose my muscle. Removed the insert from the fireplace, cleaned the pipe and the chimney, disassembled and cleaned both blowers and replaced the gaskets. I have had a minor vibration for a few weeks and found the bolts on the combustion blower loose. Pulled both baffle plates, vaccumed everything and wire brushed down the burn pot. Oiled the convection blower, cleaned the glass and fired her back up. It is amazing how dirty these things get in places that you can't see after just two tons. Well worth the few hours of time. No more vibration!

I did the same thing. My blower is alot quieter now. 2 tons here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.