1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

New 13NC Install Photos

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by JPapiPE, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    South-West hills of Maine, Red Neck Country
    I did end finding out that the 1/2" plywood sheathing did run 96" up from my eaves, so I was able to anchor the support brackets into some solid stuff with some washered fine thread metal roofing screws. I did want to anchor the cricket with the same screws plus a poly urethane caulking. No urethane caulk was availible in my area and I found i had to travel 60 miles round trip to get some. So i settled with 12 washered screws into the metal and sheathing and filled the gaps with a caulking called BIG STRETCH. I have never used this brand of caulking before but was advised at the local lumber yard that it was good stuff. It's pure crap. It had still not set up in the heavier caulked areas after 2 days. At least I have good support with the screws and this caulking may decide to harden....but I'll never use it again. Perhaps if it fails...In the spring I will scrape it out and replace it with sono-lastic or PL Urethane. The motto of this story is stick with the materials that you are sure about and don't take just anybodies word for the efficasy of any untested product.....Untested by you

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The storm collar should prevent this and can be siliconed correctly to the class A pipe.
  3. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    Joe's Ontario Chinook Salmon : 34 and 42#

Attached Files:

4. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    Some photos of my install

Attached Files:

5. rich81

rich81 Member

how much did you pay for the piping and the thru the roof kit?
  6. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    I didn't buy a kit. I bought as I saw fit as I have a metal corrugated roof.....So parts of the roof kit would have been unusable. I did spend about $1200 for the boot, stove pipe, chimney pipe, fresh, air inlet, custom made cricket and sealants.....I did a proper job on this install...I did buy most stuff from Ventingpipe.com , but the boot was a special order from W.W. Grainger at $168....So about total $1200.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.