New 15 ton Speeco horizontal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky1

Oct 9, 2009
Ripley WV
Has anyone seen this? Don't know if this will work for me. Just was on their website trying to find SOMEONE to sell me a Speeco brand with a Honda GX, and I came across this. My local TSC said they cannot get any splitters other than their 3 that are on their website! Hoping someone will want my money, more and more looking harder at Norhtern Tool. Be nice if they came out with one of these with a bigger cylinder and a GX Honda! Maybe just testing the waters out there with something smaller. Wonder how stout this little bugger would be with only a 18" stroke?

Considering how much work my little 5 ton electric does I bet the 15 ton would handle most that you would throw at it. I would just wonder if the additional features that the 22 Ton has would make up for the additional $250. When you do get the big rounds being able to split vertical should be worth something.

A bigger bore as you asked for would be a higher ton machine.

Matt

The Speeco 15 ton has been perfect for me. All the wood I split is under 20" diameter. The unit handles all but the gnarliest pieces with ease and I can hand move it around the yard with little effort.

Thanks for the replies, good info!

Wouldn't be my choice, as I like going vertical, and I'd be a bit worried about overheating with only 10Q of hydraulic oil, but otherwise it looks like a pretty decent unit for it's class.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.