NEW 28-3500 INSTALL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmokey

Mar 30, 2012
just delivered today going to be a new chimney and stove so will post pictures of befor during and after.
then discuss how well it does.from all i have read this should be perfect fit for me.
going with 22-guage chimney pipe.i will also use a couple tricks learned from selling outdoor wood boilers as far as protecting the door gasket goes.we put red rtv high heat siicone on the gasket and it protects it for a few years so instead of changin every 2 years or so i hope to get at least 5 years but we will see.

have it installed get plenty of heat only prob is on low settings i am getting smoke back and am wondering if a barometric damper can help as i know the chimney does cool down it is 20' of 22-guage elmers 6" pipe..
anybody with suggestion or knowledge help is appreciated.
thx

i did also notice i had pushed the baffle all the way to the back that may explain some smoke out the front draft control.so i will pull ahead an inch or so and try it tonight still sposed to hit 30's here at night.

Puffing or smokeback can be caused from poor draft, or not enough air. If the weather is mild the draft will be low, which allows for gas buildup before ignition. Keep the damper open a little more and see it that helps. Also you want a decent coal bed before loading wood that way it ignites quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.