New Accentra Insert Up and Running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_in_NH

Jul 23, 2008
Chester, NH
New to this heat source and I must say we're very satisfied with our new Harman Insert. Fitting it into a Rumford Fireplace was a challenge. For those not familiar with a Rumford, it is very shallow- narrows to the back and has a large square opening (36x36). The opening was considerably larger than the stove surround so the dealer had a custom piece made and brought it with them when they installed the stove. A little mortar touch up by me and were signed sealed and delivered. Been burning regularly this week. Love the stove. Dealer in Chichester NH has been great (Abundant Life). Stove came with 15 free bags of pellets and a very nice Vacuum for the stove. Still experimenting on moving air around the house but will eventually lock in on a system that works for my house layout.

Been lurking here for about 2 months and can't tell you all how valuable you've been both in the buying process and the initial usage of the stove. Thanks to all....

Attachments

• Stove.jpg
    Stove.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 522
Very nice. Did you have to wait a long time for it to come in, or were you lucky enough to find it at the dealer?

We ordered it around the end of May and they had it in stock and stuck my name on it. They installed it July 23rd. Pellets came the same week. Bought three tons Clean Fire from PelletSales.com. Great experience all the way around...

Steve-in-NH - Same here. Bought our Harman Accentra Insert end of May, installed July 25th. We've been using it pretty reguarly since the weekend. We love ours so far! We're new to this game, so we're also still learning our way around adjusting for heating needs, etc. We've had it running the past two nights (mid 30's here!) all night long, and it's working fine, adjusting itself to the room temp and running like a champ! It also gives you peace of mind to know that you can be all warm and toasty, and you're not visualizing all the $$'s going down the drain every time you hear the furnace kick on.

I have to say, our whole experience from sales to install has been very satisfactory so far.

Nice install BTW, looks very nice! Let's have a few burn pics now!!

Lori ;-)

Good idea. I'll try to snap a few tomorrow. Currently burning pellets that came with the stove. These are from New England Pellet Sales (which I believe are the manufacturers of the Clean Fire Pellets as well). Will be interesting to see if the Clean Fire pellets burn any differently. Thanks for the suggestion...

Steve, nice stove, and great looking fireplace & install. I love the windows on either side.....that is going to be so great having the fire going while you look out on the snow flying....I agree w/ matchstickchick....we need burn pics!!! LOL

I'm in the process of setting up my Accentra insert, and wanted to know what your using for heat control - an external room sensor or the stove's built-in sensor?

Wow, Sure is a GREAT looking insert. Congrats

I'm using the built in sesnor as well and it seems to work pretty well. I'd like it to be a bit more sensitive but it's not too bad. Flame will definitely react to room temp. It goes up and down all day long......

pelletNJ said:
I'm in the process of setting up my Accentra insert, and wanted to know what your using for heat control - an external room sensor or the stove's built-in sensor?

I don't think there is an internal sensor...unless you mean room temp or stove temp modes. In which case i would say I use the stove in room temp mode during the fall and spring...stove temp mode in the winter. I set the thermistor about 3 or 4 feet to the left of the stove. Seems to cycle on and off when the temp drops wonderfully.
For winter I am just interested in pumping out heat all day and night ...so the stove temp mode works best then. Just my 2 cents.
BTW nice install. I have had mine for 2 years now with no problems. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.