New Addition to my Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueflame75

Oct 1, 2009
Upstate NY
I just added a new addition to my Regency F2400 woodstove a John Wright steamer, expensive. What can i say but my wife has expensive tastes. Being a guy who likes to work with metal and if i had the time (2 kids 3yrs, 9mo) i would have made my own steamer. It is ceramic coated cast iron so it should last until i'm six feet under.

Attachments

• Woodstove Steamer3.jpg
    Woodstove Steamer3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 979
  • Woodstove Steamer1.jpg
    Woodstove Steamer1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 987
blueflame75 said:
I just added a new addition to my Regency F2400 woodstove a John Wright steamer, expensive. What can i say but my wife has expensive tastes. Being a guy who likes to work with metal and if i had the time (2 kids 3yrs, 9mo) i would have made my own steamer. It is ceramic coated cast iron so it should last until i'm six feet under.

Looks great, how far upstate if I may ask.

Zap

Fellow New Yorker. I am in the Grafton, NY area directly east of Troy, NY off of Rt 2. I had some snow on the ground Nov. 6th. I am just getting back into wood burning being that i just had my house built two years ago. With the economy the way it is and energy prices up down it's a no-brainer to go back to burnin wood for primary heat source for winter time.

Attachments

• 1st winter snow fall.jpg
    1st winter snow fall.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 936
That looks great on your stove.

Your wife has great taste. I wanna see lots of steam coming out of that teeny chimney now- too cute!

thanks. The new Steamer will be tested tonight with low twenties in my neck of the woods.

I will try and get a small video clip of the Steamer steamin and will post the link tomorrow.

Sorry, my camera isn't picking up the steam coming out of the chimney on the steamer. I don't have time to diddle with lighting and so forth to get a good video clip of the steamer working. All i know is that it works.

I had that one. I never saw much steam come out even with 600 degree stove top temps. Water vapor must have come out but it never came the cute little chimney effect I expected.

I have one on my stove, they are really nice, there is lots of steam that comes out the chimmey, were else would it go. it is a nice steamer and everybody brags on it

I noticed when the steamer is nice and hot and working shine a flashlight on the chimney part and you can see the steam pouring out of it pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.