New app for iPad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Why did the app on my iPad change a blue app with the word "xenFORO"?

Before the update, I had a homemade app for this forum on my iPad. It looked like a bit of the home page to the forum. After the update, it changed. I looked it up: http://xenforo.com/. Does that mean something? Anyway, my app changed to a blue square with the xenFORO logo. When I tried to recreate the app, I got the same new logo.

Yes it does,and I still have the name under it. No it isn't a bookmark. On the iPad, just to the left of the site address, there is a box with a right leaning arrow. Tap that and nine apps pop up. Mail,Facebook etc. one is add to screen. This usually is an app that looks similar to the site you are on. I tried it again on a site that was very small and it worked just as I described. I went back to this site and got that same logo as before.

Oh, it's just an icon bookmark. I never had a custom one before...but I just installed one.

Try it. It should look like this.
apple-touch-icon.png

when I try to make a new one, this is what I get. Only on your site. you will have to open the pic to get the whole view.

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    361 bytes · Views: 264
Ok, now it is fixed and I have an icon like you said it should look. Thanks!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.