New Area for Cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
My wife came back on her walk so I stopped cutting and we went for a ride and on the way back I parked the rhino and we took a walk. The last time we had been in this area was when we posted it in January 2007, looks like we have plenty of Cherry,Sugar Maple and some Birch from what I could see also it looks like there is some type of trail from years ago.

Picture 2371 was taken from the ridge in the new cutting area,2367 is some cherry blow down and 2368 is the cherry tree it came from,2370 looks like the old trail which will bring me on the backside of the swamp and 2373 is a stand of small cedar we found.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2371.jpg
    100_2371.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 100_2367.jpg
    100_2367.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_2368.jpg
    100_2368.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 100_2370.jpg
    100_2370.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_2373.jpg
    100_2373.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 371
More nice pictures Zap. I especially like that crooked tree behind the Rhino. Probably a cherry?

Backwoods Savage said:
More nice pictures Zap. I especially like that crooked tree behind the Rhino. Probably a cherry?

Sav, I go by that every weekend and never noticed it until you mentioned it.

Happy New Year

Zap

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Happy New Year

Zap

I know what you mean Zap. Every so often I still see things on our property or the surrounding area and wonder why I never saw that before. So, is it a cherry?

Backwoods Savage said:
zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Happy New Year

Zap

I know what you mean Zap. Every so often I still see things on our property or the surrounding area and wonder why I never saw that before. So, is it a cherry?

Yes it's another cherry Sav.

zap

When there are no leaves and the snow has covered the underbrush it's a lot easier to pick trees to harvest from the woodlot.

I mark them with a spot of white spray paint at eye level.

Beautiful land Zapny, how many acres do you have there. We use to have 190 acres in northern Michigan that looked very simular. I really miss it up there.

Hey Andy, that is how most folks feel about northern MI. I recall when we moved to Indiana for a couple of years. We could hardly wait to get back into MI and northern MI in particular.

andybaker said:
Beautiful land Zapny, how many acres do you have there. We use to have 190 acres in northern Michigan that looked very simular. I really miss it up there.

andybaker, thanks for the compliment. We have less than 190 but over 140. :zip:

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.