new at burning wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of cord? A bush cord, a face cord, a stove cord, or just a cord?

I love the stove cord. I wish I'd thought of the stove cord.

"We sell milk by the 'refrigerator gallon'..."

or "I'll sell you 10 'luxury SUV gallons' of this premium gasoline."

hensonconst1 said:
Thanks guys now I am more confused than I was.

Why are you more confused? Is it because of people's misuse of the term? A cord, by definition and by law in most places, is 128 cubic feet. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Sure, you may hear people misuse the terms cord, face cord, rick, stove cord, etc., but at the end of the day a cord is 128 cubic feet, which works out to a stack 4ft high, 8ft long, and 4ft deep (look at the pics on the site I linked you to). The most common measurement where I live is a 'rick'. In my case, a rick is 4ft high, 8ft long, and 16 inches deep, so three rick would make a full cord. Other people call this rick a face cord, and, again, assuming a 16 inch length it would take three face cords to make a full cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.