new at this any help would be great

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tradermanhomer

Sep 8, 2010
bessemer,pa
i have a wood wind stove double doors in front ,,,,with large top,,the doors have draft knobs on them,,when i bought the stove used ,,,,it came with a modi-fyre ,it is a combustion stabilization system,,,do i need this ????and do i close my front vents when in use,,,when i first light the stove it smokes a back draft some times ,,,,i have ss chim,,8 inch ,,3 3 feet stacks and tee and 18 inch going in the house and the 12 inch modi-fyre and 6 inch in to stove let me know

For the information of members reading the thread, the Modi-Fyre is a pipe mounted barometric damper. A really, really old barometric pipe damper.

Status
Not open for further replies.