new auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erniej9

Feb 7, 2014
Marlborough Massachusetts
I have a pelpro 120 home heater pellet stove. I had a new auger motor installed. The stove makes a whining sound from the gears when it feeds the pellets. It seemed to be a little quieter this morning. Is this normal? It sounds like the sound a rotisserie makes.

Last edited:
The company that I purchased it from said thy won't replace it because it was installed in the stove... How could I find out how it ran unless I "installed it in the stove"? The company is Mountain View Hearth Products

The company that I purchased it from said thy won't replace it because it was installed in the stove... How could I find out how it ran unless I "installed it in the stove"? The company is Mountain View Hearth Products
Look up member--MountainSean--on this site,and send him a pm.He is a stove tech at the place you bought it,might be able to help.

I have a pelpro 120 home heater pellet stove. I had a new auger motor installed. The stove makes a whining sound from the gears when it feeds the pellets. It seemed to be a little quieter this morning. Is this normal? It sounds like the sound a rotisserie makes.

What kind of Auger Motor did you purchase? Gleason-Avery auger motors are one of the quietest and best on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.