New Avalon Stove Installed... Burning Today! With NEW Pictures 2/20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighting Up

Feeling the Heat
Jan 30, 2010
Roc City NY
Just had my new Avalon Pendleton insert installed today ( can't send a picture yet) I have been burning for 15 years in a Zero Clarence fireplace and what a difference this Beauty is. One thing I read alot was stove's going to hot and for any Newbie what I've found in one day being accustom to burning in a ZC insert is "don't put in to much wood in". I would put in 3 to 4 split logs in my ZC and now with this Avalon I'm putting in one log 2 x 2 inch x18 long and the stove is at 400 degrees...unbelievable at this rate my wood will rot before I use it...Thanks Obama... I would have never bought this if it wasn't for the tax rebate.

stove is now up to 450 today warming nicely

Attachments

• IM000362.jpg
    IM000362.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 349
Don't thank Obama, thank the folks that made the mess in the first place.

Thanks FDR

I had the Avalon Pendelton, a nice little stove. It burns really hot and clean so you should not have any problems with the glass (good wood of course). One thing that I couldn't get used to was the small firebox. At the time I wasn't cutting my own wood and no dealers would cut it 16 inches or smaller. It was hard to get overnight burns with the sized wood I had. Just before I sold it I cut some wood myself and stuffed her to the gills one night, I got about 7 hours of good heat. It is a sharp little stove that again burns clean with good wood.

Travis Industries makes a good stove and you will enjoy it :)

no pics = didn't happen....

Don't want to be political here...three things you don't discuss with wood burners... politics, religion and season wood. I thank all of us for your kind bailout money... still can't load the pictures will try when I have more time.
thanks again
mike

Now into our second month with an Avalon (Rainier 90) and lovin it...........the temps here have been in the 40's (F) during the day, and around 25ºF at night, so I've cut back on big HOT fires.........not necessary right now.

The Avalon has worked well for us, so far...........best of luck with your Pendleton!

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.