New Blaze King Princess Insert Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerAddict

Sep 27, 2016
Southeast Indiana
Just installed my liner and Princess Insert last Saturday. It took me and my son most of 8 hours to complete, but everything went together great and I'm ready for my first fire. I want to thank everyone on here that provides all the great information. Made everything that much easier. Went with the forever flex hybrid preinsulated liner, it went down really easy in my 13x13 terra cotta chimney. Only hung up at one spot and a little nudge with a broom handled fixed that right away. The block off plate took a little time, but it looks great. Sorry I don't have pictures of the install, I was too busy but here's the end result.

IMAG1006.jpg IMAG1004.jpg

I have also been busy cutting firewood since June. Have about 6-1/2 cords so far. I'm hoping most of it is dry enough for this winter. It's all dead Ash. Here's some of my stacks:

IMAG0990.jpg IMAG0989.jpg

Thanks again for all the help. This site is awesome.

I like the German style stacking technique.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just installed my liner and Princess Insert last Saturday. It took me and my son most of 8 hours to complete, but everything went together great and I'm ready for my first fire. I want to thank everyone on here that provides all the great information. Made everything that much easier. Went with the forever flex hybrid preinsulated liner, it went down really easy in my 13x13 terra cotta chimney. Only hung up at one spot and a little nudge with a broom handled fixed that right away. The block off plate took a little time, but it looks great. Sorry I don't have pictures of the install, I was too busy but here's the end result.

View attachment 184982 View attachment 184983

I have also been busy cutting firewood since June. Have about 6-1/2 cords so far. I'm hoping most of it is dry enough for this winter. It's all dead Ash. Here's some of my stacks:

View attachment 184984 View attachment 184985

Thanks again for all the help. This site is awesome.
Ausgezeichnet!

looks great!
FWIW I have some dead ash that I split and stacked in June too. I tested it with a moisture meter last week and it was at 18-20%

Nice stone work and sharp looking install. Let us know how do you like it.

looks great!
FWIW I have some dead ash that I split and stacked in June too. I tested it with a moisture meter last week and it was at 18-20%

That's good to know. I will have to check mine with moisture meter. I know I will be struggling the first year to get dry enough wood, then hopefully I can get ahead of the game.

Nice stone work and sharp looking install. Let us know how do you like it.

Thank you, I will definitely let you know how I like it. Should be down to 46 this coming Saturday, might be time for first fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.