New Blower (All Nighter)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
I picked up a new Dayton blower (61 cfm) for my moe all nighter and installed it today. What a difference! My basement is about 5 degrees warmer than it usually is on a full load of oak and i just threw in a few sticks of pine. I went all of last winter without a blower.

I picked up a new Dayton blower (61 cfm) for my moe all nighter and installed it today. What a difference! My basement is about 5 degrees warmer than it usually is on a full load of oak and i just threw in a few sticks of pine. I went all of last winter without a blower.

Just watched a video on the moe all nighter, cool stove.

Mine is an All Nighter "Mid Moe", they came in various sizes (. Mine takes up to 21" logs. It is solid and heavy duty steal plate. They are Connecticut made from the All Nighter Stove Co. in the 1970's and went out of business in the 90's, I believe. Mine is in original condition (except the handle, original was wooden), but the blower went so I had to find one that fit. I found a Dayton with a 2" opening that fit the original pipe. There is an inlet pipe that goes inside the actual firebox and it snakes around inside (see pics below), and has two open vents on the top to push the hot air out. I am fixin to attach some pipes to the outlets to vent the air directly to the floor above.

Previously I was running this stove without the blower. It could be considered a "smoke dragon" if not run properly, which takes some finesse, to get the air flow right with the dual front vents and no damper. It eats wood, but man this puppy throws some major heat. My fire box is empty right now and my basement is sitting at a steamy 80 degrees from residual heat that the steal is still throwing off from my light duty pine burn earlier today.

IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

Here is a thread all about the All Nighter Stove Co : https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/all-nighter-stove-co/

Last edited:
Reactions: ct_525
Status
Not open for further replies.