new boiler HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ritchie.gilby

Sep 24, 2008
nova scotia
going to buy an outdoor boiler but looking for some good/bad stories of each brand, there is portage and main and empire and greenwood and wood doctor available in my area.....but looking for most efficient would prefer "gasification" boiler will be heating approx 5000 sq ft house and possibly a 1000 sq ft garage with 10 ft ceilings all in floor, currently have oil
thanks ritchie

Welcome to the Boiler Room, Ritchie. Of the brands you mentioned, I'd recommend Greenwood, mainly because it's the only gasifier (that I know of) in that group. You might want to look at the Central Boiler E Classic, which is an outdoor gasifier, though unproven through a heating system, so who knows? How about putting an indoor gasifier, like an EKO or a Tarm or an Econoburn, into an outbuilding? That's what a lot of us have done.

well according to my calcs 150 000 btu's per hour would be sufficient....as for tarm in an outbuilding....no tarm dealers here and currentlly no out building also want to heat my pool. is anyone familiar with portage and main ?

Status
Not open for further replies.