new boiler install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT Dan

Oct 26, 2008
central Ohio
Help!!! Got this dumped in my lap and now I have to do it and soon. Getting cold in this house. I got a Harmon Trident SF 260 and a bunch of parts. The diagram I found has it hooked up this way. 1 1/4' galvanized 18" out of top of boiler to a T. Straight off T upward is supply and the other way is for the crossover. At T it changes to 1 1/4" copper up 4' to a 90 then on to flow control valve, then a air scoop. Under scoop has a expansion tank, over it is a air valve. Then on to the heat exchanger where it goes down to a 3/4" in and out, back to 1 1/4" copper to a 90 then down to another 90 then to the pump, a 009 taco. At the pump flange it goes to 3/4" in and out of pump then back to 1 1/4" then to galvanized to a 90 back in the boiler. The run back to boiler from air handler is about 11' The supply run is about 9' long. I do not have the scoop or the expansion tank yet but looks like it is a 30 I have to get. What I am concerned about is the down sizing at heat exchanger and the pump. Are these the right ones for the job ? I am going to heat a 30 by 40 garage with this unit also next year. Heat loss done and for house and the garage the SF 260 will do the job. By the way I am building the air handler. We will get into that one also later for this is long enough. Thanks for the help and if in need of more info just ask. I want to do this right the first time. LT Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.