1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Camera, Pics Around My Beautiful City

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by katwillny, Jan 24, 2013.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

My grandfather use to take us through the tunnel that goes under the locks, he would honk his horn a few times which we thought was a big deal, great memories.

Thanks
    Zap

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    That is a great stretch of road there! Very hard not to drive too fast.
  3. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Here are some more

Attached Files:

zap and Beer Belly like this.
  4. katwillny

katwillny Guest

An A few more. there is a picture of Your Trully and one of the wife after a long night at the Labor & Delivery room.

Attached Files:

Beer Belly likes this.
  5. schoondog

schoondog Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    dutchess county, n.y.
    Any pics of Texaco Research going down ? Worked there for 12 years. Miss it.

Schoondog
  6. Flatbedford

Loc:
    I see you were down near my neighborhood. Nice pics. I like the airborne sled shot.
  7. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Hey, I just had dinner in Piermont NY. Is this close. Cool little town.
  8. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Flatbed, Dolche is a very nice place and so is Piermont. Sidewalk Bistro was also very nice.
  9. Flatbedford

Loc:
    Katwill is in Beacon. About 25 miles up the river from Piermont on the other side. One of his pictures above is in Peekskill, pretty much at the entrance to Camp Smith.

Glad you found a nice place and had a good weekend.
  10. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Thats right Steve, its right at the Annsville Circle. I sometimes ride my bicycle from Beacon down to the circle and come up that huge hill. I mostly walk my bike up that hill
    but the views are incredible from the view spots right before the Bear Mountain bridge. Want to try that new 9 restaurant that used to be the Reef.
  11. Flatbedford

Loc:
    The restaurant is OK. Not sure if I'd say it is worth the ride down from Beacon.
  12. katwillny

katwillny Guest

I drive by it everyday twice a day for the past 9 years and never stopped. Someone recommended the Cove in Peekskill by the water.
  13. Flatbedford

Loc:
    Cove has recently changed ownership. Not sure what its like now. The location is nice though. If you are gonna head down in the warmer weather let me know. Maybe we can meet you there. Do you know how all the restaurants at the Newburgh waterfront did during Sandy? We like to go up there in the summer.
  14. katwillny

katwillny Guest

That be real cool Steve, Ill definitely let you know. I was just in torches a few days ago and all appears to be fine. Love that water front, Torches with the wife, Havanas 59 with the wife and kids and Gullys with the boys. Gullys is a great place for beers and good live music.
  15. Flatbedford

Loc:
    We used to take the boat up to Gully's a couple times a year. Before gas got to be around $5/gallon and we pretty much gave up on boating.
  16. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Think we'll see sailing make a comeback? :p
  17. Flatbedford

Loc:
    Hard to make a run from Croton to Newburgh and back in one night with a sailboat. :(
  18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

I'll take the trunk in the pic,;) very nice pics.
  19. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Zap, that trunk is one of my best finds and has a nice story. I found that last summer in downtown Manhattan at a yard sale and it was the last piece the lady had and i got it for literally a bottle of water. It was one of those ungodly hot NYC days and when I saw it I Immediately fell in love with it, I struck up a conversation with her and she told me that I could have it since she didnt want to carry it back to her apartment 4 blocks down. After talking to her about our beautiful NYC she asked me to buy her a bottle of water and that I could have the trunk. I offered her money but she insisted that she wanted me to have it as long as I promised her to give it a nice home. Cant wait for the spring when they have these community street sales.That was a sweet woman.
    zap likes this.
  20. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Shoondog, are you referring to the warehouses down by Maddam Brett Park at the end of South Ave? There were talks of making those into Lofts but that was a few years ago and I have not seen much going on down there. I wish they would do something with those buildings, they are not very sightly in their current state. I can see really nice lofts being made in there. Yes, i walked in last summer, and looked around inside. lol.