New Chain Saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt1

Nov 8, 2009
Central, Ok.
Well, since my 12 year old Husky 55 quit oiling and burned up the bar and chain, I have been looking at chain saws.Today with the wifes approval we bought a Husky 460 Rancher with a 20 inch bar with 3/8 chisel chain. Also picked up a new set of chaps. One of my sons is bringing me a pair of steel toes boots with steel tarsel guards in them. I am a lot behind on wood cutting since the doctor had to open my hood and make some repairs earlier in the year, and this dark weather will make finding time a little tougher to cut. I also serviced my log splitter,which is a 12 year old 22 ton 2 stage Iron and Oak,it is an outstanding piece of equipment.So cuttin' time is near>

I hope it works great for you. Happy Cuttin'!

Good luck and happy cutting!

We need some pics of that saw and splitter!

Well I havent checked on how to post pictures yet,as time is limited right now,as soon as I can I will try to do some pictures.

I've got a Husky 450 and it's very picky about oiling the chain. If the chain is tightened a hair too much it doesn't get oil. The oil just runs out the saw and drips on the ground or my boots. Loosen it up just a tiny bit and she oils fine. I don't run my chain tight so it took me a while to figure out what was wrong with it.

Really Hot I went out a cuttin' today with the new saw and it wasnt getting enough oil so I turned up the oiler a little may need a little more. If your having trouble getting oil check to see if your oiler has an adjustment. It should be on the side opposite of the starter rope on the bottom of the saw it may have a circle with an arrow pointing to increase oil flow,a diagram of a chain link, and a oil drop symbol.

bigtall said:
We need some pics of that saw and splitter!

Well here's a picture of those saws,splitter,and Rhino. It was great weather so I went a Cuttin' and a Splittin' today.

Attachments

• MVC-188S.jpg
    MVC-188S.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.