New Chimney installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 9, 2008
Rural New England
Just wrapped up the new 8" SS chimney install yesterday, up thru the cieling, thru the attic and out the roof. Will be just about 17' from Tarm to top, so I may add another 3' section down the road. Went a lot smoother than I thought.

My roof was disintegrating as I was trying to cut-in the opening, so biggest concern was introducing leaks, but its been pouring for 10 hours and not a drop thru yet....keeping my fingers crossed.

FYI: Amherst Farmers Supply in AMherst Mass (owned by Bernandston Farmers Supply in Bernadston Mass), is a great place to get Selkirk chimney supplies. Had 100% of everything I needed in stock and the prices beat anything I found on-line. Staff was helpful and friendly. Total cost of chimney was $1100 with tax.

On to the plumbing in the next few days...

Sounds like what I'm about to do. Are you uploading any photos?

No sorry, no photos...I am always impressed by people who can remember to take step-by-step pictures when they are completing a job, and then post them on-line. Me, I am usually sweaty, cranky and often bleeding so taking pictures is never high on my list when I am in the thick of it....

Maybe I can snap a few "complete" pics.

Attachments

• _DSC0026.JPG
    _DSC0026.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 222
  • _DSC0027.JPG
    _DSC0027.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 213
  • _DSC0029.JPG
    _DSC0029.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 225
That looks good. Very similar to what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.