New Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deck2

Burning Hunk
Aug 1, 2008
Adirondack Foothills, NY
Installed a new chimney over the weekend, replaced one that was 20+ years old while replacing the roof this weekend. I was amazed at the simplicity of the installation. just lock the lengths together, put the bands on and install the support according to clearences and instructions.. I was so worked up over nothing. Now ripping the 2 layers of shingles off was a diffrent story!

Congrats. And yes, tearing off shingles suks azz. If the decking is old planks, its even worse.

Decking was all 1X12, But at least they used short roofing nails. But all the decking was in good shape only had to replace one 3 foot board because a knot fell out of it. Now I just have to get the new stove from the crate in the garage to the hearth pad in the living room.

deck2 said:
Decking was all 1X12, But at least they used short roofing nails. But all the decking was in good shape only had to replace one 3 foot board because a knot fell out of it. Now I just have to get the new stove from the crate in the garage to the hearth pad in the living room.

Home Depot, you can buy a furniture dolly for about $20.00. Works real well. Thats what I used to move my insert once inside the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.