New cleaning method from Kinsman's stoves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
I had a chance to talk to Eric from Kinsman stoves today, {had to order a new combustion fan}. I asked him a cleaning question about my Breckwell Big E stove, and he told me he uses a 20-24 inch piece of #12 romax wire to get behind the firewall , said it is flexible enough to move into all the crooks and granny's , I might even try going down to #16 for more flexibility. Sounds like a great tip . Thanks Eric.

buildingmaint said:
....it is flexible enough to move into all the crooks and granny's , I might even try going down....

Huh? :lol:

smoke show said:
buildingmaint said:
....it is flexible enough to move into all the crooks and granny's , I might even try going down....

Anyone of you pellet heads touch my Granny and there is gonna be a problem!!!! Let alone if you're goin' down on Granny!!!

Eatonpcat said:
smoke show said:
buildingmaint said:

Anyone of you pellet heads touch my Granny and there is gonna be a problem!!!! Let alone if you're goin' down on Granny!!!

What the???? ;-P

Although the wire is a good idea..... The Granny part? Not so sure? Im a young guy, so Im gonna pass.

smoke show said:
GrahamInVa said:
Two words.. Leaf blower..

Granny would approve.

No pic to go with that advice?

displeasing.

Okk.... Just don't make granny mad.

granny+gun.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.