New combustion motor in my VF-100 issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vouty

Apr 1, 2014
Massachusetts
As previously posted, my combustion motor failed. I bought a replacement on Ebay and installed it last night.
It works, but there seems to be a minor vibration that wasn't there with the original motor. I tightened it securely.

I this normal or is the motor defective? Is there something I can do to solve this issue?

I will appreciate any comments. Thanks.

At start-up the combustion fan on my Whitfield ADV III runs at a pretty good speed but slows down to almost stopped after about 5 seconds. Pellets feed and stove runs quite well. Is it normal for the combustion fan to slow like that. I have had the stove for 18 years and I am pretty used to the sounds that it makes. This seems to be something new.

At start-up the combustion fan on my Whitfield ADV III runs at a pretty good speed but slows down to almost stopped after about 5 seconds. Pellets feed and stove runs quite well. Is it normal for the combustion fan to slow like that. I have had the stove for 18 years and I am pretty used to the sounds that it makes. This seems to be something new.
I also have combustion fan issue, with Whitfield WP2 Advantage -189/90 vintage. The exhaust fan appears to run when set 1-4 but runs almost backwards, on 5 it appears to run full speed. Removed the fan tested with 120 v appears to work ok, tested at contacts from controller and always 120 volts. Appears to be controller but waiting to hear what folks think.

As previously posted, my combustion motor failed. I bought a replacement on Ebay and installed it last night.
It works, but there seems to be a minor vibration that wasn't there with the original motor. I tightened it securely.

I this normal or is the motor defective? Is there something I can do to solve this issue?

I will appreciate any comments. Thanks.
Was the gasket you put on fairly thick or was it thinner than the original? The aftermarket gaskets are half the thickness of oem and may not insulate the unit from vibration like the thicker oem ones

Status
Not open for further replies.