New Construction Heat n Glo Northstar installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don1zer

May 7, 2014
Edmond, OK
We may be a couple of weeks before rocking the chase and need some advise. The installers have placed the stove, run the chimney and 2 fresh air ducts. Electrician has pre-wired the fan. We did not add the optional HEAT ZONE KIT thinking that the common areas such as the living, kitchen, dining areas would be sufficient.

Where does the heated air flow out? I am assuming that it is pushed out front of stove. Also, please include any tips or recommendations before closing this up.

Thank you!

Don

20140417_173254.jpg

Hello Don, welcome to the forum! :)

Room air will be drawn in in the front bottom, heated when passing around the fireplace and blown out from the top. Here you will find a scheme:
http://www.dubuquefireplaceandpatio.com/fireplace.images/zero-clearance-fireplace.jpg
Ceiling fans may help distributing the warm air.

How is your wood supply? That fireplace will need dry wood with an internal moisture content of less than 20%. That means you have to split and stack it for one to three years in a sunny and windy spot in your yard. Don't rely on finding a dealer to provide you with dry firewood. Most dealers don't have the time and space to dry the wood properly.

Thank you for your quick reply. That is great. There will be 2 ceiling fans to help the distribution. I appreciate the additional recommendations as well. I recently purchased the Fiskers X27. I'll have to check around to find the aged wood.

:)

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.