New control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pnr001

Oct 24, 2009
ny
Just received a new control board for enviro windsor stove and they changed the jumpers configuration for the hi/lo and on/off operation of the stove with the thermostat. Has anyone installed this redesigned unit and do you know the jumper settings for on/off operation. Any info would be great.
Enviro part # 50-178 for control board. No instructions with new board.

pnr001 said:
Just received a new control board for enviro windsor stove and they changed the jumpers configuration for the hi/lo and on/off operation of the stove with the thermostat. Has anyone installed this redesigned unit and do you know the jumper settings for on/off operation. Any info would be great.
Enviro part # 50-178 for control board. No instructions with new board.

Well, Jeez, think if it was me I'd call the people that sent it to me, and ask them. BUT, that's just MY opinion

Yea maybe I will. Thought if I posted something online I might also get a good response...NOT A WISE ASS

You know. Your question didn't deserve anything more. We are not a technical shortcut service. Most who post here do a little homework before asking a question. The smackdown YOU deserved. Now lick your wounds and learn how to take it like a man and clean your language up. You won't get a welcome from me, yet.

I ask a simple question. Was not looking for techies. Just someone that dealt with this situation and that would have a quick answer....I found what I was looking for......and I was nice and posted it for people that would appreciate it. No thanks necessary.
Or a sorry............Or a welcome........THANKS FOR THE HELP...........

You should not pass judgement on somebody you don't know.....That's the problem with the Internet....no personal contact just people jumping to conclusions................and thats a shame.....

pnr001 said:
I ask a simple question. Was not looking for techies. Just someone that dealt with this situation and that would have a quick answer....I found what I was looking for......and I was nice and posted it for people that would appreciate it. No thanks necessary.

pnr001,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you found the info you were looking for. Some of us are nice hear. We are not all grumpy(hoss) at times. The other just likes picking and pecking(pay no attention to him).

Again welcome and enjoy your stay with us. Hey if you get a chance post a photo of you install. We really like to look at stoves. Specially when there burning!

Take care
jay

Thanks jtakeman, If I have a chance I wil post pics. Thanks again for the invite. Sorry if I came off a little strong.
Rob

pnr001 said:
You should not pass judgement on somebody you don't know.....That's the problem with the Internet....no personal contact just people jumping to conclusions................and thats a shame.....

What judgement, pray tell did I make about you? I calls 'em like they are.

And it looks like you make alot of bad calls...I hope your not in the stock market...you are going to go broke...

littlesmokey said:
You know. Your question didn't deserve anything more. We are not a technical shortcut service. Most who post here do a little homework before asking a question. The smackdown YOU deserved. Now lick your wounds and learn how to take it like a man and clean your language up. You won't get a welcome from me, yet.

First off no member new or old deserves a smack down! period.

We are here to help or guide each other. If a new member comes in and askes a question? If you can answer do so. But lets not try and scare them off. He could be an asset to us in one form or another. We are all hear to learn and enjoy the forum.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all? Who's the twit?

jtakeman said:
littlesmokey said:

We are here to help or guide each other. If a new member comes in and askes a question? If you can answer do so. But lets not try and scare them off. He could be an asset to us in one form or another. We are all hear to learn and enjoy the forum.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all? Who's the twit?

Jay, didn't call him names, didn't attack his character, just pointed out he needed to do a little homework.

I don't appreciate your Father Flanagan attitude much either. Who appointed you guardian? That's the Moderators job. Take a few minutes and look at the posts in this thread, closely with an open mind. I didn't attack him, but there is name calling, not by me. I wasn't the one to even call him out. I look closely at what is said by all posters and have sided with you a few times and others in opposition to your comments. So don't call me out and lecture me about behavior. You certainly don't make the rules.

littlesmokey said:
jtakeman said:
littlesmokey said:

Jay, didn't call him names, didn't attack his character, just pointed out he needed to do a little homework.

I don't appreciate your Father Flanagan attitude much either. Who appointed you guardian? That's the Moderators job. Take a few minutes and look at the posts in this thread, closely with an open mind. I didn't attack him, but there is name calling, not by me. I wasn't the one to even call him out. I look closely at what is said by all posters and have sided with you a few times and others in opposition to your comments. So don't call me out and lecture me about behavior. You certainly don't make the rules.

First I stated my opinion, Thats was it was. I have that right. I don't think any NEW member should be treated like that. Give them a change to fit in. Maybe nicely tell them what they were doing wrong. We don't need to jump them.

His remarks were to hoss. No? Then I see you call him a twit? Why?

Grow up.

..........welcome pnr001.....hope we can be of some help to you here.... and a 'kind and civil' welcome from me..... lots of great people on here with helpful and interesting ideas.... like to see some pics when you get the 'beast' up and runing..... cc :)

Hey Canadaclinker, Thanks for the welcome....looking forward to contribute any ideas and keep to an open mind....

Opened up a bag of snakes here, I guess. My feeling is that the factory instructions for a technical application are more useful than 3 or 4 possibly conflicting opinions on the subject, therefore, I would call the supplier. No direspect intended in my original reply, but I stand by it without apology.

pnr001 said:

Don`t let a little internet speak get the best of you. Sometimes things get a bit touchy for what ever reason so don`t abandon this site over this little incident. Your original question was legitimate IMO.
Hoss might just have had got upon the wrong side of the bed but most of these guys are very knowledgeable and helpful especially guys like tjakeman , macman,etc.
Glad to hear you found what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.