New convection blower is in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Knapp

Burning Hunk
Dec 11, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
My convection blower has arrived!
I installed it and it is running smoothly. However, the blower motor is still getting very hot. I installed some heat shielding on the hot areas of the stove near the blower. I did not install the heat shield I made because it didnt seem to make a difference on my old blower motor.
Im afraid that the new motor is going to fail if these elevated temps continue. Any ideas?

My convection blower has arrived!
I installed it and it is running smoothly. However, the blower motor is still getting very hot. I installed some heat shielding on the hot areas of the stove near the blower. I did not install the heat shield I made because it didnt seem to make a difference on my old blower motor.
Im afraid that the new motor is going to fail if these elevated temps continue. Any ideas?

My convection blower motor also is very hot. Always has been. This is my third winter and i hope to get a few more. I am not sure if this eases you mind or not lol

I actually tore down the original motor I had. I can see where the rotor was contacting the stator. Im thinking the motor housing may be warping when it heats up, causing the rotor to act as a lathe, causing this hellacious noise.

Any gasket between that blower flange and where it mounts on the stove?

Would you take a few pictures of the blower inside the stove and post them.

Is there anything blocking any of the holes in the shell of the stove?

Hi Smokey, I took some pics of my setup. All of the surrounding areas in the stove are cool to the touch, including the blower housing. The gasket is new and in place. I triple checked all of the wiring and that is good. Blower fan is balanced and not vibrating.
Im thinking about putting a small computer fan to assist in cooling the motor.
But anyway, here are some pics. 20131213_192039.jpg20131213_192057.jpg 20131213_192039.jpg 20131213_192057.jpg 20131213_192156.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.